Sunday's Six Mile Training Run

So I may have signed up for stupid reasons, but I'm doing this 10k, people! On Sunday I ran/walked six miles from Centenial Park on West End to downtown, around Titan's Stadium and back. I did it in 1 hour and forty minutes and the 10K on July fourth has a one hour thirty minute deadline. Which basically means, I wouldn't get my time registered. So I'm trying to meet that deadline. If I don't, though, I'll still have completed the thing, so there.

This was my route

It was very hot and I was very sweaty. At one point after re-crossing the river, I did wonder if I could actually make it back. But I did! I walked more than I would have liked, but my running, especially on the first half, was better and for longer bouts.

This was me just shy of halfway on the pedestrian bridge. See how I still look happy?



This was me when I finished.


Asking myself why oh why I chose to do this. But also sporting a fancy new athletic tank. Which made me feel pretty. :) 

This week I'll continue to do at least two miles a day and a couple of 3 mile runs in the evening. This coming weekend I'll do the race course which is downtown and a 5k loop that I'll run twice. 

New running Jam: 


Comments

Popular Posts