Back from Brazil

I ended my time in Brasil last month. I've spent 3 weeks in Nashville with my family and will now spend the next couple weeks in Los Angeles. So far reverse culture shock has been mostly kind. I've handled showers that have more than one knob surprisingly well.

I will be updating this blog soon with stories from Brazil I didn't manage to post about at the time, particularly about my trip south to Londrina and Rio de Janeiro. I'll also continue to write about being back and what's next for me.

Right now what's next is I know I want to go back out on the mission field. And for much longer than six months. I don't know yet exactly where or when or how. I have some ideas, but no firm decisions...yet. I expect to have that decided soon after reporting back to pastors and supporters about Brazil and getting some counsel on things like that. In the meantime, I will live in Nashville. For many reasons, I'm confident, that Nashville is where I should be right now. And I'm excited to spend more time with my family and get to know the city again as an outsider a little bit. I'm really excited to get back in with some friends I've had for a very long time. Unfortunately those friendships have had to survive on random dinners or drinks once or twice a year. I'm excited that I'll have the chance to build new histories with old friends.

So when I return to Nashville, I'll move in with one of those friends (living situation covered). My family has an extra vehicle they are letting me use for now, the most giantest truck ever. I call him Behemoth. (transportation situation covered). And now all I need is to nail down a job. I'll be pursuing an Administration Assistant position, hopefully at a local university. I have mad admin skills. And then I'll start to establish some new routines of a new life.

So I'll continue to post about Brazil stories, re-entry and ways that I'm preparing for the next adventure. Thank you to all of you who've been keeping up with me. I'm really honored to be on your radar in this age of lots and lots of information with less and less time to process it. I know you have many choices when trolling the internet. Thanks for making me one of them.

As usual, I don't REALLY know what I'm doing.  And with that in mind, this is the song of the day:

Comments

Popular Posts