Release Date

So I told you even the crazy little signs, I'm posting them all here. This is a story (rambling?) about a large billboard.

So months ago I was driving around town and in LA we get billboards for movies. And they go up months and months in advance. So I was driving around town. And there's a billboard for the new animated feature called "Rio". About a specialty bird raised by a loving owner and on a plane trip to Rio he gets loose and the wild animals of Brazil have to help him find his owner again. At least I think that's the plot. I'm not going to Rio, but it's about Brazil and I had been thinking about leaving in April but thought I should settle on a date. Looking at the billboard, the release date is April 15. So I thought, "that's a random enough arbitrary date. I will keep it in mind." Obviously, when I thought I wouldn't go until May or June, well I just let it go. I mean, who sets a life changing decision based on a cartoon poster? Amiright?



In my meeting with my World Outreach Pastor Enock De Assis, he says that because of scheduling with IPM in Manaus, it would be good for me to be down there a couple days before April 17th.  "So I think the 15th you should go." I never mentioned the poster of the cartoon bird. It's at this point in the telling of all this to my good friend Carla Mueller, that she says, "Let me get this straight. The RELEASE DATE!!! (her emphasis with Jazz Hands and dramatic pause) for a Bird going from the USA to Brazil to have adventures and make friends is April 15th. Yeah, you might be stuck with that date."

So do I think I got a sign from God dressed up as a brightly colored movie billboard? I don't know about that. But I do know that (to quote Regina Spektor) God can be funny. And use brightly colored signs.

Comments

  1. God seems to delight in the unexpected. I've no doubt He's still laughing about the billboard!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts