New Year's Resolutions!!


I usually hate making New year's Resolutions. I think because it felt like a way to back-handedly list all the ways you failed this year with a determination not to fail next year. But then I would fail. I wouldn't lose the weight. I wouldn't get the boyfriend. I wouldn't budget my money better. I wouldn't learn a new language or the guitar. But here's the thing. I lost weight when I was happy. I learned a language when i moved to Brazil. I have entire stretches when I manage my money and I've found that expensive Los Angeles had a lot to do with money stress I felt. I did once get the boyfriend and ended up hurting someone very badly and getting hurt myself very badly in the process. Wow, that's a whole other Oprah. New Year's Resolutions used to be a way of measuring how not enough I was. But I don't feel that way any more. I'm excited about the new year. There are things I want to do! And if I don't get them done or do them to perfection, so what. I want to be reminded to try. And then see what happens!

1. I want to take photos of myself that look like photos on pinterest. :)
2. Facebook less, do more. 
3. Say less, do more. 
4. Read more books than I watch TV. 
5. Feng shui my bedroom. 
6. Write and finish a novel, even if I'm the only one who ever reads it. 
7. Get better looking pants. 

I think these are the most important things I can focus on. Especially that selfie thing. 

Comments

Popular Posts