Ode to Chapstick

I love ChapStick! The original, no flavor. It's a recent thing. A love sprung, no doubt, from the budding spring blossoms and the electric air of potential that's been dragging it's feet through snow and chilled winds to get here. Regardless, I do love the ChapStick and it's a deep abiding love that will last forever. Why do we even make other lip balms?? The coating is so nice and thick. It stays on my lips and makes them feel much nicer. Plus it does have a slight (perhaps unintended) sheen that gives me a natural look as opposed to lipstick. Very farm-fresh-face, I imagine. I currently have 4 tubes of it in various locations so that I never have to look far. I may need to buy more because sometimes I'm not at my desk or with my purse or wearing the jeans I did on Tuesday night when I tucked a tube in my pocket. I'm currently reading a book about mental illness and while I can sit in my house and sweatpants and say "This dude's cray-cray" which is street for crazy (see Kanye). I can also recognize how the stupidest things become ridiculously important. For the dude in the book it's working out or the way clouds look in front of the sun or a picture of his estranged wife. Throw that off and he'll have an "episode". Sometimes I feel close to an "episode" myself without the ChapStick.  If nothing else in life, I want smooth protected lips. I can control that. If I have the ChapStick close by. If it's not I have to go with whatever's around which is never good enough. It evaporates too quick doesn't really moisturize. I have a friend from California with a similar addiction  His then fiance and now wife had to reel him back from the edge of his obsession. She got a large Tupperware container and every time she found one she'd put it in that container until it was filled. The container was the size of an Ice Cream bucket you purchase at the store.

I have no one to abate my addiction. I'm going for my own bucket.

Comments

Popular Posts