Brazil Update - Send Money

Isn't that just like a missionary?  Doesn't talk to you for a couple months then asks for money?? Ha ha. Yes. 


The past couple of months have been ridiculously busy. I just put the team from my church in Los Angeles, Bel Air Pres, on a plane for home the other morning. It was an amazing and intense trip. I know I learned a lot from them and I hope I helped make their trip a success. 

So I have just under a month left here in this country. My roommate, Cindy from Chicago, returs to the United States tomorrow!! Obviously emotions are slightly all over the place. Cindy plans to get a work visa so she can return to Manaus as an English teacher next year and stay for a couple years. She's packing as I type this and I can't imagine what she must be going through. And what I'm going to be going through soon. But God is good and gives grace. 

I've been given the opportunity to visit a ministry in the South of Brazil in a town called Londrina. And I leave tomorrow night. It's a chance to see a different part of the country and work with a different organization. This ministry is an urban ministry which works with street kids, homeless, drug addicts, you name it. They hold their church services in a night club, it looks like. I don't know anyone and I'm a little nervous but also very excited. God has worked really hard to get me to go, so I'm excited to see what he has in store for me. 

I've tried to keep the travel expenses low. I'll be traveling a huge part of the trip by bus in order to keep the airfare low. However, with the additional travel I'm in immediate need of $500 US dollars to finish out the month. Then an additional $500-1000 for transitioning in the US since I won't have a job and will need to travel to LA from Nashville for a few weeks. If you feel like you could contribute please go to the following link and follow the instructions below: 

http://www.belairpres.org/default.aspx?page=500194
click on "Give Online Now"

click on "Bel Air Presbyterian Church Contributions"

If you do not have a Bel Air Account set up, then "Pay as Guest".

When designating your funds, go to the box "Other Designation" and write in "6 Month Brazil Mission Project-Corrie Cron"
Then, write the amount of your donation in the "Other Designation Amount" box.


If you cannot contribute right now, please continue to keep me in your prayers. I'm not worried or concerned. My life is quite literally only in God's hands and he will provide and protect. And please pray for safety as I will be doing a great deal of traveling alone. 

OK I have to go, the neighbor kids are bringing in a cake for cindy. Shhh. It's a surprise.   Please feel free to forward this email. 

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for the overwhelming show of support!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts