But it is the beginning of the end.

Six weeks left in this wonderful country.  I will blink and be sitting in carpeted air conditioning surrounded by my native tongue and ridiculously large cups of weak coffee before I know what hit me. I can only ask for your prayers for a few specific things.

#1. I have a ministry opportunity in the south of the country. I'm trying to make travel arrangements for that and what I do not know about travel in Brazil is a lot. I'm also trying to plan some travel in November from Nashville to LA. I have money for my expenses until the end of my time here in Manaus, but the additional travel and initial re-entry into the states is not completely accounted for. I know God has everything worked out, but please pray for favor and provision.

#2. In addition to this new ministry opportunity, I have one more boat trip with the team from my church in LA, Bel Air Presbyterian, in a week's time or so. My last boat trip. The beginning of the end. I'm trying not to be pre-maturely sad. But it's easier said than done. Please pray that I'm flooded with joy and gratitude for the time I've gotten to spend here, the people I've met, and the difference it has made in my life. And hopefully the difference I've made in others. It's going to be extremely difficult to say good-bye.

#3 Wisdom for these final weeks. It's partly structured; a lot up in the air; and all in need of a great deal of wisdom and grace on my part. I want to enjoy each moment and make good decisions that make the best use of my time and resources, AND bless those around me.

(Numbers 2 and 3 might seem like the same thing, but they are different in my head. )

#4 I still have many decisions to make about what to do after Brazil. Please pray for wisdom and opportunities.

Thank you for your encouragement and support up to now. Thanks for going on this journey with me. I need help to finish well.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now have my tickets to Londrina in the south of brazil! Thanks for the prayers. WIll keep you updated.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts